Summary about BIG DADDY/Please correct this one

Fragen zu Literatur und ihrem kulturellen und historischen Hintergrund
Questions about literature and its cultural, historical background.
Antworten
Capulet
Bilingual Newbie

Summary about BIG DADDY/Please correct this one

Beitrag von Capulet »

The story is about a man who adopts a child.
The main characters are Sony, the lazy man and Julian, a little 5 year old and very cute boy. Sony´s life is chaotic. He lives in a messy flat and has a bad job as a parking attendant.
Julian is the son from an ex-girlfriend from Sonys good friend Paul. Julians mother is very ill, she will die from cancer. So she brings the boy to his father. But Paul isn´t at home and Sony takes care of the little Julian. He teaches him a lot of bad, but funny stuff. Sony has a lot of fun with Julian, but he knows that he can´t take the responsible of a little child. So he calls the social service department. Sony and Julian have a good time together and Sony likes Julian very much. In the meantime Sony met a young woman “Leila” in a park and he falls in Love with her. Few weeks later the social service department would bring Julian to another family. But Julian and Sony won´t. The man from the social service department knows that Sony isn´t the right father and threat him with the police. Sony doesn’t give up and want Julian back. He goes to the justice and would prove that he is still a good father. The court case don’t work good. Actually the judge won´t give Sony the child custody, but suddenly his real father Paul comes in the justice and say that he want take care about Julian.
One year and few months later you see Sony by his birthday party with Leila his woman and his own little baby. You see Paul and his woman with Julian and all are happy together.

So this was my first summary since I was at school. This is eight years ago. Please correct my summary and give me a lot of information, how I can get better with it. I would improve my English skills, because I´m going to study next year. Thanks a lot.

Rinoa89
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Englisch

Re: Summary about BIG DADDY/Please correct this one

Beitrag von Rinoa89 »

Capulet hat geschrieben:The story is about a man who adopts a child.
The main characters are Sony, the lazy man and Julian, a little 5 year old and very cute boy. Sony´s life is chaotic. He lives in a messy flat and has a bad job as a parking attendant (Actually he's a toll booth attendant, but I'm not sure if you care if that kind of stuff's corrected).
Julian is the son from(It's not technically wrong, but "of" sounds better) an ex-girlfriend from Sony's good friend Paul. Julian's mother is very ill, she will die from cancer. So she brings the boy to his father. But Paul isn't at home and Sony takes care of the little Julian. He teaches him a lot of bad, but funny stuff. Sony has a lot of fun with Julian, but he knows that he can´t take the responsible of a little child. So he calls the social service department. Sony and Julian have a good time together and Sony likes Julian very much. In the meantime Sony met a young woman “Leila” in a park and he falls in love with her. A few weeks later the social service department would bring Julian to another family, but Julian and Sony won´t (decide not to? The grammar isn't wrong, but it's hard to understand.) . The man from the social service department knows that Sony isn´t the right father and threaten him with the police. Sony doesn’t give up and wants Julian back. He goes to the justice and court towould prove that he is still a good father. The court case don’tdoesn't work goodgo well. Actually the judge won´t give Sony the child custody, but suddenly his real father Paul comes into the justice and says that he wants take care aboutof Julian.
One year and few months later you see Sony byat his birthday party with Leila his woman and his own little baby. You see Paul and his woman with Julian and all("they" sounds better) are happy together.

So this was my first summary since I was at school. This is eight years ago. Please correct my summary and give me a lot of information, how I can get better with it. I would improve my English skills, because I´m going to study next year. Thanks a lot.

This is pretty well written. If I had to say anything, I'd elaborate between him wanting to give Julian up to social services to where he decided he wanted to keep him and lie saying he's the father. Also, if possible, though not necessary, I'd try and combine some sentences if you can so it flows better. Other then that, I'd say, perfect, good job^^

Antworten