Lee Greenwood - God bless the USA

Alles zu Liedern, Filmen und anderen "netten" Sachen.
All about songs, films etc.
Antworten
MLS
Story Teller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Lee Greenwood - God bless the USA

Beitrag von MLS »

Well, I am not American and I am not very patriotoic (why should I?).
Nevertheless, I love "God bless the USA". It is a wonderful love song to America and it gives me the creeps. There are so many American songs that express their love to the own country. Is there any other country that is praised so much? I think there is not.
"God bless the USA" is not the only song by Lee Greenwood devoted to America. He really loves the place he's living in. That's sympathetic. When I here that song something like itchy feet comes up.
What do you think about songs like this?

Nils
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von Nils »

well........ I like a few songs like that but only if they are not so extremely patriotic.

moogle
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English (American)

Beitrag von moogle »

I've lived in America all my life... (And visited Germany too -- I really enjoyed the Viktualienmarkt und das Deutsches Museum when I was in München...)

I think that a certain amount of patriotism is a good thing -- It keeps everyone united. Germany, in my opinion, was actually relatively patriotic. But not as much as in the United States...

On the 4th of July here, everyone has their American flags out and wears clothes with red, white, and blue... I'm not sure, but I don't think the Germans wear clothes with yellow, black, and red intentionally ... ever... do they?

So... Patriotism is good, but too much can blind a person. I think that sometimes Americans become so patriotic that they refuse to look at other ways of doing things... And then they think that their way of life and of doing things is absolutely the best there is.

Antworten