Letter to Mr. Bush

Alles zu Liedern, Filmen und anderen "netten" Sachen.
All about songs, films etc.
Antworten
raincat
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Letter to Mr. Bush

Beitrag von raincat »

Hi folks

don't know if the issue fits to this thread's motto as it's everything else but a joke. I also don't know if it's allowed to post such issues (in special cases) or if it's a strict "No-no" at the board.

To cut a long story short: Here's the link to the complete translation of the letter to Mr. Bush, written by Iraq's president. And really, I found it worth reading and found - in my eyes - a lot of true statements to the world's current situation. What a pity that the first reaction of the US government was - "it's irrelevevant, it's only tactic". :(

http://medias.lemonde.fr/mmpub/edt/doc/ ... lettre.pdf

bye, raincat
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Even I'm not that interested in politics I read "your" letter and was kind of surprised what he wrote about. I do agree that it contains a lot of true thoughts, too but in my opinion the question arises whether the content of this letter was his own opinion or just what his followers wanted him to write or whether the letter was just written (and publiced!) in order to make him more popular...

Something else: May I ask wherefrom you got that letter?

raincat
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von raincat »

Of course there can be several reasons for writing this letter but i.m.o. that doesn't touch the fact that a lot of the included problems really exist.

The link was published at spiegel.de. Le Monde is a French newspaper as far as I know.
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Yes sure, I was never denying that...

Antworten