Who knows Canada?

Information about the United States of America and Canada
Antworten
Chrisi
Bilingual Newbie

Who knows Canada?

Beitrag von Chrisi »

Hi!
Who among you has already been in Canada? And what did you do there?
Please tell me about it, because I am planning to go to Canda!!!!
Chrisi

kleine
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von kleine »

Hi Chrisi,

I've been to Canada but for two days only. I've been there to visit the Niagara Falls. And it's amazing I can recommand it without a doubt. But it also depends on what part of Canada you are planning to go...Why do you wanna go to Canada? Is it an exchange program? My friend travelled to Canada and it's supposed to be very nice there. I saw the pictures and it's breathtaking...
Freunde sind wie Sterne, du kannst sie nicht immer sehen, aber sie sind immer da!!!

Maleah
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Maleah »

Hi Chrisi,

I'm currently staying in Canada (Montreal, Quebec) and all I can say is: You should come!!! I really like it here, Montreal is a great city to live in, the people are very nice, and there are so many things you can do to have fun. I've visited other cities around here , but I just love Montreal.
So I guess I won't be able to tell you that much about Canada in general, but if you want to know anything about the Montreal area, just ask!

What do you want to come to Canada for?

Maleah

Rinoa89
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Rinoa89 »

one thing ill say is, if there is anywhere in the world I'd want to commit a crime, it'd be canada. In school we watched a film about prisons around the world, of course the worst were in places such as south america, etc., but canada... wow...
a minimal security prison? a house with other inmates with a wooden fence. no guards watching. you literally could escape without problems, atleast for the most part. Prison must be heaven compared to the other ones around the world. Not that I am saying you should commit a crime there or anything, but just a funny fact.

Karan
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

I am from Canada

Beitrag von Karan »

Hello, my name is Karan and I am from Canada. I moved to Hamburg, Germany in January 2006 to be a English Business teacher at Berlitz. Let me know if you have an questions and I can answer them for you. With kind regards, Karan

UltimoSparc
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Who knows Canada?

Beitrag von UltimoSparc »

Hi. I visited Vancouver in Canada for 2 weeks two months ago. It was so awesome. People are so nice and apologized. II enjoyed to stay for two weeks there. The city is very clean. Wifi for free is almost everywhere. The weather was a bit better than in Germany. I was very impressed by Vancouver's Chinatown. Specially the food was delicious. Life standard is higher as in Germany. Change your money in Germany, it's cheaper. I did pay for a directly two-way-ticket just 700 euros. You have to accept there are some homeless. In the summer I will fly to Vancouver again. I guess I will visit Seattle, because the city is close to Vancouver.

Well, time to go. Best Regards.

Ben is nutz
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English, Armenian

Beitrag von Ben is nutz »

I am from Montreal, Canada.  I have lived here all my life.  It is a nice city, but be prepared to use French if you wish to do more than visit!  I enjoy our arts museums and our Botanical Garden.  Restaurants are quite affordable and ethnically diverse. 

I've also been to Toronto, it is a bigger city and more business-like.  Montreal and Toronto have a rivalry which is felt most frequently in the National Hockey League (NHL).  The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the weakest teams currently in the league, even though they have the wealthiest franchise.  It's quite embarrassing for them :lol:   .  I enjoyed the CN tower in Toronto, it is the tallest free-standing structure in the world and at its highest level open to the public, offers a great view of the city and of Lake Ontario.  If you like restaurants, Toronto has more regulations for cleanliness and food safety than Montreal does, so that may add to your enjoyment. 

I also greatly enjoy the nature in both areas of Canada.  However, the climates are slightly different, and if you're a naturalist like me, you will enjoy the contrast of trees that grow around Montreal compared to those in Toronto.  Bear in mind, the species of trees are entirely different from what you will find in Europe.  I remember stopping in London two change flights, and we drove between its two airports.  I was amazed by the trees, so very different from ours in Canada.  It felt like I entered a new planet.
Meine Muttersprache ist Englisch.Wenn ich mache einen Fehler auf Deutsch,bitte korrigieren Sie mich.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hi Ultimo, hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Just to quickly let you know that this topic is from 2006 and Chrisi, who originally started this topic hasn't been on the forum since 2006, in case you wonder why you won't hear anything back from her.

Regards
Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Ben is nutz
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English, Armenian

Beitrag von Ben is nutz »

No problem.  :)
Meine Muttersprache ist Englisch.Wenn ich mache einen Fehler auf Deutsch,bitte korrigieren Sie mich.

Antworten