Alles zur englischen Grammatik.
How to deal with English grammar.
Antworten
edmont
Story Teller
Muttersprache: English

vergleichend auf etw. eingehen

Beitrag von edmont »

Hi, I'm not sure if I've translated the red phrase properly.  Thank you very much for any assistance.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Den verschiedenen Darstellungen aus anthroposophischer Sicht, von denen besonders die Beiträge von Heinz Kloss, Stefan Leber, Hans-Georg Schweppenhäuser und Christoph Strawe vergleichend auf sozialwissenschaftliche Ansätze eingehen, stehen bisher nur vereinzelte kritische Würdigungen von seiten der akademischen Wissenschaften gegenüber.

The various presentations of the anthroposophical perspective, of which especially the contributions of Heinz Kloss, Stefan Leber, Hans-Georg Schweppenhäuser and Christoph Strawe display an interest in comparative social science methods, have till now received only scattered critical appreciation/assessment from the side of the academic sciences.

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: vergleichend auf etw. eingehen

Beitrag von Duckduck »

edmont hat geschrieben: Hi, I'm not sure if I've translated the red phrase properly.  Thank you very much for any assistance.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Den verschiedenen Darstellungen aus anthroposophischer Sicht, von denen besonders die Beiträge von Heinz Kloss, Stefan Leber, Hans-Georg Schweppenhäuser und Christoph Strawe vergleichend auf sozialwissenschaftliche Ansätze eingehen, stehen bisher nur vereinzelte kritische Würdigungen von seiten der akademischen Wissenschaften gegenüber.

The various presentations from the anthroposophical perspective, of which especially the contributions of Heinz Kloss, Stefan Leber, Hans-Georg Schweppenhäuser and Christoph Strawe display an interest in comparative social science methods, have till now received only scattered critical appreciation/assessment from the side of the academic sciences.

Grüße
Duckduck

Hi edmont, long time no read... :mrgreen:

Not quite correct, I'm afraid.

The social science methods are not comparative (it would have said ... von denen besonders die Beiträge ... auf vergleichende sozialwissenschaftliche Ansätze eingehen else),

but the above mentioned authors compared the anthroposophical perspective with social science methods.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend :read:
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

edmont
Story Teller

Beitrag von edmont »

Hi Duckduck! :freu:

I was not here for a long time because there was no response to a couple of my queries -- I wondered if I was not following the forum rules in the unanswered posts, but was not clear on what rules I might be breaking, though I did have a look at the rules. Was reluctant to keep posting, as I thought I might keep messing something up. 

Thanks very much for the answer. After I posted, I saw the obvious: "comparative" could not be modifying social science methods -- but I still felt unsure about what "vergleichend" was doing. Thanks!  Does the following, if clumsily, catch it?

The various presentations from the anthroposophical perspective, of which especially the contributions of Heinz Kloss, Stefan Leber, Hans-Georg Schweppenhäuser and Christoph Strawe enter into comparisons with social science approaches, have till now received only scattered critical appraisals from the side of the academic sciences.

Thanks again.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Just to bud in (sorry..): I think the reason why I didn't reply to some of your queries was that they were very specific and I do admit that my knowledge of German grammar is simply not advanced enough to help with all of your queries. I don't want to give any incorrect answers so I do rely on tiorthan and Duckduck to help you out as they are grammar buffs, while I stick with the "everyday English" if you so will. I was not intentionally ignoring you, edmont, and if I gave you the feeling that I was, then I do sincerely apologise. I am glad you are back with us, and please fire away with any questions you might have.  :wink:
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hey edmont,

I'm sorry too! :shock: 
Please keep asking and make our day!
Your translation seems fine to me now.

Love
Duckduck :chief:
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

edmont
Story Teller

Beitrag von edmont »

Hi Keswick and Duckduck -- I didn't think people were ignoring me -- I just assumed something was wrong with my post titles or questions in terms of the forum rules. Thanks very much for all your friendly help!  :angel:

Antworten