Do all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time or not?

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Gesperrt
dinhvuhoanganh
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Vietnamese

Do all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time or not?

Beitrag von dinhvuhoanganh »

Some people think that all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time to help the local community. They believe this would benefit both the individual teenager and society as a whole. Do you agree or disagree?
It is true that some people believe that all young people must be forced to do unpaid work in their spare time. While I accept that this activity could give some advantages to both youngsters and their communities, I could argue that this should not be obliged.
On the one hand, there are some benefits of doing unpaid work for teenagers and society. Firstly, volunteer work allows young people to broaden their own knowledge about different fields and their communities through real experience. My friend, for instance, participated in a charity program organized by a non-profit organization from the US. During this event, he was able to communicate in English language constantly, giving him countless opportunities to improve his English skills. Furthermore, society has jobs done without financial fund needed. Consequently, local community can save a great deal to invest in other necessary public projects.
On the other hand, I do not agree that all teenagers must be forced to do unpaid work. The first reason is that the incredible pressure of studying at school accounts for a great deal of how teenagers spend their time. In other words, students are quite busy with many assignments which need to be perfectly completed. Moreover, youngsters have the right to decide what to do in their free time. As a result, young people could spend time to develop their hobbies, play sports, make new friends or enjoy other leisure activities.
In conclusion, it is certainly true that volunteer work may bring some benefits to young people and their community, but this is by no means it should be made compulsory.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Do all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time or not?

Beitrag von Keswick »

Cross Posting, siehe Forenregeln Punkt 6.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Gesperrt