Humans vs Robots / Future?????-SURVEY

Let's speak English here.
Antworten

Are Robots a good or bad thing for future???

GOOD
Keine Stimmen
BAD
17%
GOOD and BAD
83%
I DON'T KNOW
Keine Stimmen

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 6

Sunshine❤
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Humans vs Robots / Future?????-SURVEY

Beitrag von Sunshine❤ »

Hello everyone,  :read:
today I strangely thought of the question:
Will Robots take over the world in futur?
Would that be good or bad for us ???
I am really interested in knowing what you think about those questions (please comment your answer)!!! :D

Keswick
English Legend

Re: Humans vs Robots / Future?????-SURVEY

Beitrag von Keswick »

Sunshine❤ hat geschrieben: Hello everyone,  :read:
Today I strangely thought of the question:
Will robots take over the world in future?
Would that be good or bad for us ???
I am really interested in knowing what you think about those questions (please comment your answer)!!! :D

Achtung!  :wink: :watch: :
No = Nein
Know = Wissen

(Ich habe das in deiner Umfrage mal schnell korrigiert :) )
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I think robots have their advantages and disadvantages. An advantage being that robots can work more precisely than human, and human error would be eliminated. However, it's highly likely that human error will be replaced by technical errors, which cause equally as much chaos in the workflow. Both an advantage and a disadvantage is that robots might take over parts of our life that are currently covered by humans. Robots that cover dangerous jobs such as bomb squads and the like should definitively be regarded as a positive development, but there will be jobs that humans would like to continue doing, e.g. in the medial sector.

I can't imagine our world being taken over by robots, although... I have seen the TV series Humans..  that was scary :shock:.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Sunshine❤
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von Sunshine❤ »

Hi Keswick,

Ups...I must admit that I didn't correct my post very well! Shame on me...( I am referring to my confusion between no and know) :shock:
----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I am totally agreeing with you! It's pretty scary to imagine our world being taken over by robots!!!!

My opinion:

I would never ever put my trust into robots...They aren't perfect and could do mistakes as we humans frequently do!
So we can't say for sure they are much better than humans are, nowadays. I can't imagine that robots could do human a favour...They don't have feelings, while humans do and they will never possess a mind of their own!!! I personally think that this issue is very important to consider and hence, trust is very important for me,too.
Thus, that's the simple reason why I totally object to robots! :(

CKraniak
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English (US / Texan)

Beitrag von CKraniak »

Robots are fine. I think that even "hard AI" wouldn't precipitate the dystopia people like Elon Musk like to imagine is coming. But I'm skeptical of the idea of the technological singularity; I'm not entirely sure it's possible, and I think if there were such a thing it still wouldn't look like what the current sci-fi people imagine. 50 years ago, we thought we'd be jetting around in flying cars, but instead we got tiny computer chips and VR. What makes people think they'll know what hard AI will look like? I guarantee there are practicalities that haven't been properly accounted for in their ideas.

Robots in industry are different. First, they're ubiquitous, especially if you count CNC machines and any sort of XY table you can program. Second, it's a far cry from sci-fi robots. Third, their drawbacks revolve around needing certain kinds of processes (e.g. it will not work well in aerospace) to be cost-efficient and, of course, their social impact, particularly the way they affect the labor market. Although the industries generally only care about the cost-efficiency part.

I think the social impact of the accelerating pace of automation is overblown. We have been handling things just fine for the entire rest of the industrial revolution, and there is no indication that this time it's any different, unless you believe in AI singularity magic voodoo -- but even then, that's still at least a few decades out.

The part I like least about these converstations is you get a lot of internet experts that like to use the tenuous idea that humans will become obsolete very soon to insist we need New Communism or that a permanent do-nothing class is inevitable. The 1910's called; they wanted to congratulate you for being so enlightened.

Stop uncritically consuming and regurgitating pop sci-fi. It's FICTION.

On a less critical note, I think the idea of classifying robots as a sort of artificial person for legal purposes is probably one of the more fascinating things I've heard about in the past year. I mean, at first I was thinking it was EU bureaucrats being stupid, but the more I though about it the more I've come to see how it might be a fairly elegant way to handle the self-driving car liability problem. I think it will have applications beyond that. In fact, I think if I think about it enough I might think it could solve other ethical dilemmas that have arisen due to advanced in robotics, like the question of robotic weapons (drones and such) and their utilization. Anyway, it's just something I like to think about from time to time.
"I see," said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Antworten