Did I correctly translate these sentences into English?

Alles zur englischen Grammatik.
How to deal with English grammar.
Antworten
edmont
Story Teller
Muttersprache: English

Did I correctly translate these sentences into English?

Beitrag von edmont »

Here is a German passage, and below it my translation into English. I think there might be one or two major errors in my interpretation of the meaning. Or did I get it right?

Die Überzeugung von einer besonderen Kulturaufgabe des deutschen Volkes verband sich -- nicht nur bei von Blume und Natorp, sondern auch bei Wolzendorff und Sinzheimer -- mit genossenschaftlichen Denkansätzen. Der damit in der deutschen Rechtstradition verbundene Selbstverwaltungsgedanke schien in einer Zeit, in der die Trennung von Staat und Kirche als Verfassungsgrundsatz debattiert und angenommen wurde, in gleicher Weise für den Ausbildungssektor naheliegend zu sein.

In Blume, Natorp, Wolzendorff, and Sinzheimer, the conviction that the German people had a special cultural task was combined with cooperativist thnking. Such thinking was bound up in the German legal tradition with the self-administration idea. In a time in which the separation of state and church was debated and adopted as constitutional principle, the self-administration idea seemed similarly obvious for the education sector.

Thank you for any assistance.

edmont
Story Teller
Muttersprache: English

Re: Did I correctly translate these sentences into English?

Beitrag von edmont »

I will repost this in a form that makes it easier to respond to.

Antworten