Hello from a language publisher travelling Germany.

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Isaac
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Hello from a language publisher travelling Germany.

Beitrag von Isaac »

Hello there!
I've been involved in language education for about 15 years and have published a number of books and audiobooks for learning English. I've also recently launched an online magazine/English course for Germans.
Basically I joined this forum so I can help out if anyone has any questions. Also I'm curious as to the type of things Germans have trouble with...and their preferred study style....I know everyone is different but I still think I can learn a lot here.
I'm currently travelling around Germany and am near Frankfurt....in the middle of nowhere!
Hope to learn a lot here and be of help if I can.
Isaac. 

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Hello from a language publisher travelling Germany.

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hi Isaac and welcome to the forum!  :) What you do sounds very interesting, and I am sure people will be interested in hearing more about your travels in particular. Where do you come from originally?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Isaac
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Isaac »

Hello there. I'm originally from London but have not lived there in years. Recently I've been travelling Europe in a self converted camper van and trying out the whole 'digital nomad' thing. I see you are based in the north of England? I lived in Sheffield for a few years, best city in the UK....imo.
I'm guessing that it's ok to post solely in English on this site?

Isaac
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Isaac »

Sorry...duplicate post.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Isaac hat geschrieben:Hello there. I'm originally from London but have not lived there in years. Recently I've been travelling Europe in a self converted camper van and trying out the whole 'digital nomad' thing. I see you are based in the north of England? I lived in Sheffield for a few years, best city in the UK....imo.
I'm guessing that it's ok to post solely in English on this site?
Hi Isaac,

Posting in English is fine. I'm sure people would let you know if they got stuck with anything you are writing.  :wink: 

I am afraid Sheffield cannot possibly be the best city in the world.. Newcastle upon Tyne is :mrgreen: . Then again I might be slightly biased because I live there.

Travelling Europe in a camper van sounds like a dream, although I can imagine it to be rather arduous at times. Which countries have you been to so far? And have you seen many places in Germany yet?

Isaac
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Isaac »

Newcastle looks nice too, never been though..bit too cold.
Camper vanning in Europe is actually pretty easy. There are lot's of designated areas where you can stop for free. The only real problem was finding stable internet as I was trying to launch an online magazine. Basically we had to go from library to library all across Europe.
So far we have been to Spain, Portugal, France, Austria, Slovinia, Italy, Switzerland and Germany. Haven't really traveled much in Germany as my van broke down for a month. Probably my favourite place was Budingen which is near Frackfurt.
Do you work in Newcastle?
Isaac.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Aye definitely cold at the moment :D 

If you get the chance you should visit Würzburg and Munich, both fairly nice places. The Moselle region is beautiful too.

Yes, I work in Newcastle - in North Tyneside - but I live outside the city close to the Northumbrian border. While I love Newcastle I prefer living in the country side.

Antworten