Please correct my mediation

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Miomena
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Please correct my mediation

Beitrag von Miomena »

Hello!
To improve my english, I wrote a mediation (Task: Summarize the following article, translate it -> I did it in one step). I underlined some words and phrases where I don't know if they are correct (or I don't like them but I don't know another way to write it). I tried to use synonymes for "language" but I don't know if they are always correct in this context.

The article "Megatrend Englisch: Kräfte des Markts" puplished in "Wirtschaftswoche" on 14th February, 2007 is about the English language as global language and its competitiveness.
The article starts with the example of the walisish language to show what will happen to other languages: They become less important and spoken. English should be the global language owling to globalisation: there is a need of a uniform traffic- and communication-language.
In the next step, the author asks himself if there is any competition for English by Chinese, Russian, German and France because more people speak them as mother tongue. But that doesn't matter, more important is the economic weight: 42% of the gross domestic product is made by english speaking people. Only Chinese has a little opportunity to become a global language.
At least, the author comes back to his example and holds out hope for the less speaking speeches: More and more people speak walisish again because they want to keep their cultural identity inside the globalisation.
All in all, there is no competitor for Englisch as the global language and other tongues (synonym for language?) become less important.

I hope there aren't too many mistakes ...
LG Mio

Antworten