which tense is correct:

Alles zu den englischen Zeiten im Aktiv und Passiv.
Questions on tenses (Active and Passive).
Antworten
Friedjof123
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: ukrainisch

which tense is correct:

Beitrag von Friedjof123 »

Hallo ich habe das gleiche Problem,
1) I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working. It hasn't worked for years.
2) I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working but we've already called the technician.

das falsche wegstreichen sozusagen

Gruß

Friedjof123
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: ukrainisch

Re: which tense is correct:

Beitrag von Friedjof123 »

Ich hab die ganze Aufgabe nochmal abgeschrieben weil ich den Unterschied in den Sätzen gern verstehen möchte.
Es geht um "The Present Tenses" heißt soviel wie the Simple Present oder liege ich falsch?
Das Falsche ist weggestrichen, ich hab es nach Gefühl gemacht bin mir aber dennoch nicht sicher wo genau der Unterschied immer liegt.

"The Present Tenses"

1. Every morning Mr. Chapman takes / is taking the train to his office in the city centre.
2. Look at that man! He doesn't wear / isn't wearing any clothes!
3. Joyce, have you got a minute or two or do you do / are you doing something important at the moment?
4. James: So, Marion, what's new?
   Marion: Well, Stuart has got a new job and we build / are building a new house.
5. Every autumn the leaves fall / are falling of the trees.
6. I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working. It hasn't worked for years.
7. I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working but we've already called the technician.
8. Karen normally does / is doing the shopping on Friday afternoon but this week she has another appointment then so she does / is doing it on Thursday.
9. The price of flats and houses rises / is rising dramatically.
10. Do you understand / are you understanding these instructions
11. Can you please be quite! I think / am thinking.
12. What do you think / are you thinking about our new boss?

mit freundlichen Grüßen

snarly
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: which tense is correct:

Beitrag von snarly »

Friedjof123 hat geschrieben:Ich hab die ganze Aufgabe nochmal abgeschrieben weil ich den Unterschied in den Sätzen gern verstehen möchte.
Es geht um "The Present Tenses" heißt soviel wie the Simple Present oder liege ich falsch?
Das Falsche ist weggestrichen, ich hab es nach Gefühl gemacht bin mir aber dennoch nicht sicher wo genau der Unterschied immer liegt.

"The Present Tenses"

1. Every morning Mr. Chapman takes / is taking the train to his office in the city centre.
2. Look at that man! He doesn't wear / isn't wearing any clothes!
3. Joyce, have you got a minute or two or do you do / are you doing something important at the moment?
4. James: So, Marion, what's new?
   Marion: Well, Stuart has got a new job and we build / are building a new house.
5. Every autumn the leaves fall / are falling of the trees.
6. I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working. It hasn't worked for years.
7. I'm afraid the lift doesn't work / isn't working but we've already called the technician.
8. Karen normally does / is doing the shopping on Friday afternoon but this week she has another appointment then so she does / is doing it on Thursday.
9. The price of flats and houses rises/ is rising dramatically.
10. Do you understand / are you understanding these instructions
11. Can you please be quite! I think/ am thinking.
12. What do you think / are you thinking about our new boss?

mit freundlichen Grüßen
2. "Look" ist ein Signalwort für Present Progressive, der Mann hat jetzt gerade nichts an.
3. "At the moment" ist ein Signalwort für Present Progressiv.
4. Das Haus wird gerade gebaut, vielleicht nicht im Moment des Sprechens, aber es ist ein aktuell laufender Prozess.
9. Trendangaben sind Present Progressiv.
11. "I think" ist eine allgemeine Aussage. "I am thinking" sagt jedoch aus, ich jetzt gerade denke.

BG
snarly

Antworten