Bewertung/Verbesserung meiner Englischkenntnisse

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Dextor
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Bewertung/Verbesserung meiner Englischkenntnisse

Beitrag von Dextor »

Hello there!

My name is Tom and I´m out of shool for 10 years now.
I`ve got a nice chance in my company to reach a better job!
But I have to prove them, that I also have the skills to manage everything properly.
I hope you can help me to improve my english skills =)

I made a short text about the pro and cons from migration and it would be really nice, if you could read and judge it. Let`s start:

First of all migrations really helps the economy. In Germany are a lot of jobs, but not enough qualifieded people to do those jobs. With the help of well or even high educated migriants we could `fill the hole` and boost the economy. Most of the migrants are also highly motivated because they want to start a new life here so they are willed to work hard!

But even if we get all those well educated migriants we have one problem: the language. We have to teach them our language and this costs time and money further German is a really difficult language and you just can`t be sure,that the migriants can manage to learn it and companys would not hire someone who can`t speak properly- even if they got work skills.

So: that`s really a short text but I thought before I write a long text it would be good to lear the standards.

Ich hoffe, dass ich Ihnen nicht zu viel hiermit aufgehalst habe.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Tom. :uppy:

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Bewertung/Verbesserung meiner Englischkenntnisse

Beitrag von Keswick »

Dextor hat geschrieben:Hello there!

My name is Tom and I have been out of school for 10 years now.
I've got a nice chance to get a better job in my company!
But I have to prove to them, that I also have the skills to manage everything properly.
I hope you can help me to improve my English skills =)

I wrote a short text about the pros and cons of migration and it would be really nice, if you could read and rate it. Let's start:

First of all migrations really helps the economy. In Germany there are lots of jobs, but not enough qualified people to do those jobs. With the help of well or even highly educated migrants we could 'fill the gap' and boost the economy. Most of the migrants are also highly motivated because they want to start a new life here so they are willing to work hard!

But even if we get all those well educated migrants we have one problem: the language. We have to teach them our language and this costs time and money, and furthermore German is a really difficult language and you just can't be sure that the migrants will manage to learn it easily. And companies will not hire someone who can't speak the language properly - even if they got working skills.

So: this is a really a short text but I thought it better to set the standards before I write a long text.

Ich hoffe, dass ich Ihnen nicht zu viel hiermit aufgehalst habe.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Tom. :uppy:
Hallo Tom,

und willkommen im Forum! Erst einmal hoffe ich, dass es okay ist, wenn ich "du" sage, denn siezen finde ich so unpersoenlich  :spin:  .

Ich habe mir deinen Text angesehen und ich finde dein Englisch ist schon einmal ziemlich gut. Ein paar Rechtschreibfehler waren drin, die vermieden werden haetten koennen, da empfehle ich ganz gerne das Online-Woerterbuch LEO . Ansonsten ist die Satzstellung gut und ich bin mir sicher, dass du mit ein bisschen mehr Uebung deine Vorgesetzten ueberzeugen kannst, dass du der Beste fuer deine angestrebte Stelle bist!  :big_thumb:

Viele Gruesse
Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Re: Bewertung/Verbesserung meiner Englischkenntnisse

Beitrag von tiorthan »

First of all migration really helps the economy.
Keswick missed that one.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Antworten