I'm looking for a native English speaker :)

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
guest 18-02

I'm looking for a native English speaker :)

Beitrag von guest 18-02 »

I'm Andrew, 17 years old, from Germany and this is my first time I've signed up into an online forum to improve my English. I mainly want to do this because I love the language really much but also because I do my Abitur in two years and want to be well prepared.

I think I am pretty good at English but there are still some problems, for example I can't really write texts in English they always get somehow weird and when I write them I feel like I've used to less different words or higher English words and then I mess up. 

So it would be nice to find someone who helps me to improve my English and of course I would help you in German if you are also trying to improve yourself   :)

And a separate question:
Except the fact I feel like this is one of my "good" texts, how do you think it is?

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Re: I'm looking for a native English speaker :)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

I'm Andrew, 17 years old, from Germany, and this is the first time I've signed up for an online forum to improve my English. [Or: "This is my first time signing up for an online forum (...)"] I mainly want to do this because I love the language very much but also because I will do my Abitur in two years and want to be well prepared.

I think I am pretty good at English, but there are still some problems: for example, I can't really write texts in English because they always get weird somehow, and when I write them, I feel like I have not used enough variety or advanced words, and then I mess up. 

So, it would be nice to find someone who could help me to improve my English, and of course, I would help you in German if you are also trying to improve your German. :)

And a separate question:
Aside from the fact that I feel like this is one of my "good" texts, how do you think it is?
Hello, Andrew!

I have only seen one example of your writing so far, but I would say you are correct that your English is pretty good. The mistakes I have corrected here are all small things, so the best advice I can think to give you is to just keep practicing! I am sure that the more you practice writing in English, the easier it will become. :)
If you have any questions, of course you are welcome to ask here in the forum or message me anytime!
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

guest 18-02

Thank you Schuyler this helped me a lot :)

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

andr3.t hat geschrieben: but also because I do my Abitur in two years and want to be well prepared.
That is something you shouldn't try with a native speaker, unless that native speaker is also an English teacher.

I'm not trying to discourage you from speaking with native speakers but Abitur preparations require some skills that most English speakers may not even possess or if they do may not be able to explain properly, such as the ability to deal with texts in a foreign language that are above your current level of fluency and some other things.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

I agree tiorthan, but speaking to a native speaker can give a student the courage they need for the oral exams.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

guest 18-02

Ok, I haven't thought about it tiorthan but I also want to write with someone to learn how to sructure sentences properly and of course this what Keswick said.
And we also can have a nice conversation because I like to meet new people.

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

I didn't express myself properly I see. I didn't want to imply that there is no benefit in speaking with native speakers. In fact, just by using English with anyone will help you. I just wanted to note that Abitur exams have other goals as well.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Antworten