Game - Reverse Storying

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Gesperrt
Guest10-15

Game - Reverse Storying

Beitrag von Guest10-15 »

It seams that it's one of my gifts to create new games! :D The next game I'll introduce to you is challanging for English beginners like me because one have to write mostly long sentences to explain.

And this is the rules for this game: We will try to tell a story starting from the end.

For example:

The end of this story is : "a bear is lying dead in the floor"

The next player should now give a reason why the bear is lying dead on the floor.

He could write e.g.: "The bear eat a bee and it stings within his throat thus he couldn't breath anymore and so it dies."

The story must have a logical structure! The next player writes now the scenario why the bear eat a bee and write this example:

"The bear was hungry and he smelled honey in the kitchen (this is the reason why the bear was in a house!)
but unfortunatelly the honey pot was protected by a little bee which was very angry."

The next player could now write about why the bee was so angry and why the bear eat him.

ok, let's give a chance for this game.

Guest10-15

Re: Game - Reverse Storying

Beitrag von Guest10-15 »

You're a little impatient, methinks... :wink:  Shouldn't we do it sentence by sentence? I'll just correct your little text and then ignore it :mrgreen:  and write my own little sentence...

The bee was hungry too. This summer it/they hadn't found enough nectar and it would soon be winter and without this sweet fluid they would die. So the little bee was very happy to have found/find this pot of honey. It/He was going to call its/his friends to bring big buckets to transport all the honey to their beehive, when suddenly the bear appeared in the kitchen demanding/declaring to be the owner of the honey pot. The bee couldn't accept that in the face of the need for food and when the bear opened his big mouth, roaring to scare the bee, the angry bee flew into its/his mouth and stung it/him within.

Im Deutschen kann man anhand der Artikel die beiden Figuren unterscheiden: DIE Biene -> sie und DER Bär -> er
Aber im Englischen heisst es beides mal THE. Kann man hier "he" oder "she" anwenden oder muss man mit "it" in beiden Fällen operieren? One way would be to use "the former" and "the latter" -> erstere(r) und letztere(r).

Grüße
Duckduck

P.S.Entschuldige bitte Guest10-15,
ich bin ein Schusseltier und habe anstelle Deinen Text zu zitieren den falschen button gedrückt und ihn "zu meinem" gemacht. Ich habe leider ziemlich ungeschickte Enten-Tatzen und da passiert das schon mal. War nicht böse gemeint, OK?! :rolleyes:
Zuletzt geändert von Duckduck am 18. Okt 2015 15:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Game - Reverse Storying

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Guest10-15 hat geschrieben: Hi Guest10-15,
I hope it's ok to correct one or two of you errors before I start gnillet your story?!

It seems that it's one of my gifts to create new games! :D The next game I'll introduce to you is challenging for English beginners like me because one has to write mostly long sentences to explain. "one" is third person singular

And these are the rules for this game: We will try to tell a story starting from the end. this is (sing) -> these are (pl); that is (sing) -> those are (pl)

For example:

The end of this story is : "a bear was lying dead on the floor"

The next player should now give a reason why the bear is lying dead on the floor.

They could write e.g.: "The bear eats/ate a bee and it stings/stung him in his throat thus he couldn't breathe anymore and so he died." 1. If you are not certain whether the player is male or female you can use the pronoun "they". 2. It may be easier to tell the story in the Past Tense. Present Tense is quite tricky as you realized yourself in this sentence... 3. You use the "male" 'he' for an animal if you want to make it seem human or its gender (s e x) is important. You can choose but should stick to your decision.

The story must have a logical structure! The next player writes now the scenario why the bear eats/ate a bee and writes for example:

"The bear was hungry and he smelled honey in the kitchen (this is the reason why the bear was in a house!)
but unfortunatelly the honey pot was protected by a little bee which was very angry."

The next player could now write about why the bee was so angry and why the bear ate him.

ok, let's give this game a chance
Being on guard yet again was certainly not what Ben Bee had envisioned for this Saturday.
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Gesperrt