Hallo again! ;)

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
Grasdackel
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: deutsch

Hallo again! ;)

Beitrag von Grasdackel »

Hi everyone!

I wasn't on since last 6 Years and quite forgot my log in :D but now I'm back again and start my first post.

Sometimes I'm able to speak in English an stuff like that, but outside business there's not many writing. So I decided to start this thread writing more in English. Perhaps it helps for my entire English because I'm out of practicing anyways...

Feel free about the topic and correct me if I'm on the "woodway" :D

Greez - Grasdackel!

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Hallo again! ;)

Beitrag von Keswick »

Grasdackel hat geschrieben:Hi everyone!

I haven't been online in 6 years quite forgot my log in :D but now I'm back again and start my first post.

Sometimes I'm able to speak in English and stuff like that, but outside business there aren't many opportunities to practice writing. So I decided to start this thread to write more in English. Perhaps it helps for my entire English overall because I'm currently not practicing anyways...

Feel free to contribute to the topic and to correct me if I'm on the "woodway" :D

Regards - Grasdackel!
Hello Grasdackel,
"Long time no see" as the colloquial term goes :) Welcome back, nice to see you again.

I am sure we will all be more than happy to help you practice your English again! 

Regards
Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Grasdackel
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Grasdackel »

Oh thanks! Cool! I haven't a clue about my pretty bad English ;) I use to quit that slang immediately!
At first I thought this forum is dead because no ones online and not much happened since I was away... maybe this is due to threads not generated unnecessary ;)

I'd like to talk and write a bit casual so correction don't have to be that strict :D no, just a joke... while we are at it - let's do it that way :lol: 

""I am sure we will all be more than happy to help you practice your English again! ""

I agree with that :out:

BRgds - Grasdackel 

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Grasdackel hat geschrieben:Oh thanks! Cool! I haven't had a clue about my pretty bad English ;) I will quit that slang immediately!
At first I thought this forum was dead because no one is online and not much has happened since I had left... maybe this is due to threads not being created unnecessarily  ;)

I'd like to talk and write a bit more casually so corrections don't have to be that strict :D no, just a joke... while we are at it - let's do it that way :lol: 

"I am sure we will all be more than happy to help you practice your English again! "

I agree with that :out:

Best regards - Grasdackel 
I can't help it.. I have to correct your little mistakes. I know you'd like to write a bit more casually, but mistakes have to be corrected.  :big_thumb:

Grasdackel
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Grasdackel »

...but mistakes decrease more and more ;9 I hope.

I'm musician not a language teacher. That's why I'm so artistic in writing English. Let's give it a try to create a post with no faults. This or maybe the next time.

Keswick, how long do you already live in England? Is there any hope for me ;)

regards - sven

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Grasdackel hat geschrieben:...but fewer and fewer mistakes ;9 I hope.

I'm a musician not a language teacher. That's why I'm so artistic in writing English. Let's give it a try and create a post with no faults. This or maybe the next time.

Keswick, how long have you been living in England? Is there any hope for me ;)

Regards - Sven
It's certainly getting better. Welcome back, Sven!!!
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hello again :)

Of course, there is always hope for you! Your English is getting better every time you use it, so don't worry. 
I am not a language teacher myself which is one of the reasons why I focus on the general linguistic usage rather than on grammar in this forum.

I have been living in England for about 10 years, before then I lived in Scotland. I didn't move that far actually, just about 120 miles across the border  :wink:

Kind regards,
Keswick

Grasdackel
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Grasdackel »

Have you lived in Germany or why is German your first language?

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hello Grasdackel,

Long time no see  :wink: , welcome back!

I was born in Germany, and grew up there, so I did learn German as a first language. I then moved to the UK. I still partially use German in my job dealing with data coming from Germany, and when talking to the German side of my family. Other than that I speak English.

Merry Christmas!  :santa:
Keswick

Antworten