New York City

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
NewyorkLoVer01318
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

New York City

Beitrag von NewyorkLoVer01318 »

IS there somebody who ever was in New york city if yes , please tell me about it.
I always think about, how it would be living there.
So please guys write to this post!!:)
Sorry for my english:○ 
And I also want to say that I'm totally new here and a bit upset why there aren't any long conversations?! It would be much better..
I hope we get a loooong conversation here whit many people with diffrent opinions.
-nyclover
Zuletzt geändert von Keswick am 8. Sep 2015 14:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: changed title

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: New York City

Beitrag von Keswick »

NewyorkLoVer01318 hat geschrieben: Is there anybody who has ever been to New York City? If yes, please tell me about it.
I always think about, how it would be like living there.
So please guys reply to this post!!:)

Sorry about my English :○ 

And I also want to say that I'm totally new here and a bit upset as to why there aren't any long conversations?! It would be much better.. I hope we get a loooong conversation going here with many people with different opinions.

-nyclover
Hi Nyclover,

And welcome to the forum :) .

I think the reason why we don't have any overly long conversations is that many people come here to have their essays and the like corrected, rather than engaging in general conversation. This is a shame!

I have never been to New York City, but I'd love to go there one day. I was thinking about going for my 40th birthday, to celebrate in style. Of course I do know images of NYC from the telly, but I think that I have to see it for myself to actually grasp the size of the city, and the height of most of the building. My husband said, that if we were to go to NYC, then we have to visit 55 Central Park West. Do you know which building can be found there?

What do you like best about NYC?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

Hello, Nyclover!

Here in New Jersey, I live just about an hour away from the city and have been there many times. :) I'm afraid I do not like cities very much, though, so I have not explored NYC as much as I could have, but I can still tell you about it. Is there anything you are curious about specifically? My favorite part is Central Park, which is a huge park in the middle of Manhatten. All the open space is an amazing contrast to the rest of the city. I also love watching plays on Broadway, but of course that costs a lot of money, so I have only seen two.

If we could have a long conversation here, that would be wonderful! I always enjoy chatting and meeting new people. c:

- Schuyler
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

WilliamBrown
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: english

Beitrag von WilliamBrown »

Schuyler hat geschrieben:I also love watching plays on Broadway, but of course that costs a lot of money, so I have only seen two.
I want to visit New York and see a Broadway play so much! I have saw so many plays on internet but it doesn't feel the same. 
My favorite one is Wicked. 
I hope everyone who wants to visit New York will do it one day!  :prost:

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

I want to visit New York and see a Broadway play so much! I have seen so many plays on the internet, but it doesn't feel the same. 
My favorite one is Wicked. 
I hope everyone who wants to visit New York will have a chance to do so someday! :prost:
I hope so, too. :) Even if you do not really like big cities, New York City is still a great place to visit, with a lot of history and interesting things to see and do.
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

fridajadelauren
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von fridajadelauren »

NewyorkLoVer01318 hat geschrieben:IS there somebody who ever was in New york city if yes , please tell me about it.
I always think about, how it would be living there.
So please guys write to this post!!:)
Sorry for my english:○ 
And I also want to say that I'm totally new here and a bit upset why there aren't any long conversations?! It would be much better..
I hope we get a loooong conversation here whit many people with diffrent opinions.
-nyclover
hi new york lover :)
i am a london lover... for me it´s a amazing town! the first time i visit london was 3 years ago... and it was also the last time :(i hope i can be back soon... i dream would be come true if i can live there... working there... but it´s not so easy... 
i come from austria... lawyer austria... now i live in vienna... it´s also a beautiful town... a lot of history... 
we ever want the things we can´t have... that´s life :P

Antworten