Informal Letter

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
UltimoSparc
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Informal Letter

Beitrag von UltimoSparc »

Hey guys. May you write some comments to my letter. 
The task: My friend Bill sended to me his new guide book chapter about Berlin. I did send a letter to him with some comments. 
Letter
Dear Bill,
Thank you so much for your kind letter. It's good to hear from you. 
I readed your chapter about the german capitol Berlin. I really liked the pictures and your comment about the Spanish restaurant. I agreed with you, the restaurant has the best Spanish food in Berlin. Well done. 
But, there are some incorrect informations. The parking area in the city centre is closed on Sunday. The naturel science museum opening times are wrong. On Monday the museum is closed. On Friday the museum is opened from 9 am to 3 pm. 
I would prefer that you write down more informations about the nightlife in Berlin. For example, there is a new art cinema at Alexander place. It is opened on Saturday from 6 pm to 12 pm. After the last show there is often a party with a lot of music.  
Anyway, what's been going on? I hope you are doing well. Speak to you soon. 
Best Regards, 
Constantin. 

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Re: Informal Letter

Beitrag von Schuyler »

Hey guys. Could you review my letter?
The task: My friend Bill sent* to me his new guide book chapter about Berlin. I sent a letter to him with some comments. 
Letter
Dear Bill,
Thank you so much for your kind letter. It's good to hear from you. 
I read* your chapter about the German capitol Berlin. I really liked the pictures and your comment about the Spanish restaurant. I agree** with you, the restaurant has the best Spanish food in Berlin. Well done. 
But, there is some incorrect information***. The parking area in the city centre is closed on Sunday. The natural science museum opening times are wrong. On Monday, the museum is closed. On Friday, the museum is open from 9 am to 3 pm. 
It would be better if you wrote down more information about the nightlife in Berlin. For example, there is a new art cinema at Alexander place. It is open on Saturday from 6 pm to 12 pm. After the last show, there is often a party with a lot of music.  
Anyway, what's been going on? I hope you are doing well. Speak to you soon. 
Best Regards, 
Constantin.
*"To send" and "to read" are irregular verbs, so they do not follow the usual patterns. The past tense of "send" is "sent," and the past tense of "read" is just "read" (but pronounced like "red.")

**Usually when you say "I agreed with you" in past tense, it implies that your opinions have changed and you do not agree anymore. If you still feel the same way, eg. you still think the restaurant has the best Spanish food, you would use the simple present tense: "I agree with you."

***"Information" is never plural, so you would say "some / more information," not "some / more informations."
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

UltimoSparc
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Informal Letter

Beitrag von UltimoSparc »

Hi!
Thank you so much for your answer. I saw my mistakes :D. Have nice day! 

Antworten