Let's speak English here.
Antworten
mitch3ls
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch(German)

German native looking for Partner

Beitrag von mitch3ls »

Hey Guys,
my name is Michael, I´m 14 years old and I live in Austria, being a native of the German language. As you may already have concluded by the headline, I´m currently looking for someone to chat with, no matter which s.e.x (Seriously, that´s a normal word. Why do you censor this?!) or age. The only condition I request is the one to be a native speaker. Of course, I offer you help in all your needs regarding German in return. I´d suggest Skype to be the tool for doing this, but if you have another idea, just tell me! You can find my contact data in my profile, Skype, as well as Twitter. That´s it. ;)
Hoping for quick response,
-mitch3ls

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: German native looking for Partner

Beitrag von Delfino »

Topic: German native looking for a tandem learning partner

Hey guys,
My name is Michael, I'm 14 years old, and I live in Austria, being a native of the Austrian German language.
As you may have already concluded by the headline, I'm currently looking for someone to chat with,
independent from gender or age. The only condition I request is that you are a native speaker.
Of course, I offer you my help in all your needs regarding German in return for yours.
I'd suggest Skype to be the tool for doing this, but if you have another idea, just tell me!
You can find my contact data in my profile, Skype, as well as Twitter. That's it.
Hoping for a quick response,
-mitch3ls

PS: ´ and ' are not the same character.

Austrian German is the variety of Standard German written and spoken in Austria.
As German is a pluricentric language, Austrian German is one among several varieties of Standard German.

Standard German in Austria

The official Austrian dictionary, das Österreichische Wörterbuch, prescribes grammatical and spelling rules
defining the official language. The 1996 German spelling reform is somewhat practiced in Austria.

With German being a pluricentric language, German dialects in Austria should not be confused with the variety of Standard German spoken by most Austrians, which is distinct from that of Germany or Switzerland. Distinctions in vocabulary persist, for example, in culinary terms, where communication with Germans is frequently difficult, and administrative and legal language, which is due to Austria's exclusion from the development of a German nation-state in the late 19th century and its manifold particular traditions.

A comprehensive collection of Austrian-German legal, administrative and economic terms is offered in
Markhardt, Heidemarie: Wörterbuch der österreichischen Rechts-, Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungsterminologie (Peter Lang, 2006).

Reference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_German
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

mitch3ls
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von mitch3ls »

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate your correction. Getting my mistakes showed really helps me improving my language skills, but when I read your treatise about the Austrian German it just got ludicrous. I see, that there has to be an emendation, when it comes to linguistic difficulties, but I don´t know what you tried to achieve with that. To be honest, it just makes me a bit mad, and I don´t think any non-native speaker will get the point anyway. Of course, there are some differences, but I don´t think, anyone learning German would actually mind. It´s more kind of an enrichment in my opinion. Since no one has to write Federal German underneath their texts, I feel slightly discriminated. There´s been a gap between Germany and Austria for ages, so please excuse me, if I overreact, but this had to be said.
Sincerely
-mitch3ls

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

´ and ' are still not the same character. Please check your keyboard.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

My reply was not my treatise on this topic, but a quotation of the Wikipedia article
which I did mentioned as source.

You are rather young. So you are probably attending English lessons at school
which aim to teach you British English as in most European countries.
Depending on your previous exposure to slang or American English etc.
you will have encountered the problem of it being treated as a mistake in school
while perfectly acceptable in other parts of the world.

Unfortunately, the same happened to students of German who spent a year in Austria
and after their return they had to cope with the "gap" you mentioned while they had to
submit university assignments in Standard German. I am not surprised by their frustration.

I guessed that you know about the language differences between Germany and Austria,
but your assumtion foreigners learning German wouldn't mind is rather inconsiderate.

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
So you should be clear about your skills and needs.

mitch3ls
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von mitch3ls »

First of all I have to admit, my reaction was clearly too harsh. I'm (is this the right one?) sorry, if you felt offended. It really amazes my time by time, how much time you and your fellow-supporters spend on us users. This should truely be honored.
With the "gap" I meant more a separation of minds, based on mutually disrespect. I actually don't want to discuss the topic any further, due to my lack of experience in terms of the issues you mensioned. I've never had any problems, similar to them, you described, not in German neither in English, which probably comes from my fully Austrian education. Never the less, I am, as a guy learning English, very interested in any forms of the language and I assumed, it would be the same the other way around.
I am totally aware of my limited skills, my needs, at least the ones I think I have, I've already told anyone, who's interested, in my original post.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

First of all, I have to admit, my reaction was clearly too harsh. I'm (is this the right one? yes) sorry, if you felt offended.

There is nothing to be sorry for. You didn't offend me either.
You were just a bit less precise than I expected.
So I added some information in my first reply.

It really amazes me time after time, how much time you and your fellow-supporters spend on us users. This should truely be honored.
With the "gap" I meant more a separation of minds based on mutual disrespect. I actually don't want to discuss the topic any further,
due to my lack of experience in terms of the issues you mentioned. I've never had any problems, similar to those, you described,
neither in German nor in English, which probably comes from my fully Austrian education.

Anyway, I am a guy who is learning English, and therefore, I am very interested in any forms of the language,
and I assumed, it would be the same the other way around. I am totally aware of my limited skills and my needs,
at least the ones I think I have. I've already mentioned those in my original post, and I hope to hear from anyone
who's interested.

Antworten