Letter of motivation for master course

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
BlueberryCake90
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Letter of motivation for master course

Beitrag von BlueberryCake90 »

Can anybody check my letter if there are grammar mistakes? I am not sure if this is proper and I appreciate any advice.

Letter of motivation for the master course Biomedicalengineering

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have successful finished my bachelor in Medicalinformatics and Biomedicalengineering at the University of applied Sciences in Stralsund and want to apply for a master course at your university.

Previously in my past semesters I got numerous skills in several areas. Particularly, I was fascinated from the subjects telemedicine, imaging processes and medical devices technic. Due to an internship at the company xyz (placeXY) I made first practical experiences in research and development. Furthermore, my bachelor thesis was an indicator for me that I am very captivated by the combination of technic and biomedicine. To fulfill my dedication I keep myself up to date and read scientific magazines such as „Scientific America“. Thus, it was certainly clear for me that I have to deepen my earned skills, practice them and level them up to an international floor, because I am convinced that we live in a world were boundaries between countries become more obscure and different cultures and humans cooperate in order to find and evaluate solutions for current issues in medicine.

In my further career I would like mediate between technicians and medical professionals and occupy a leading position in a global orientated medical company. Therefore, I fairly want participate in the master class in Biomedicalengineering at the Martin-Luther-University and the Hochschule Anhalt, because I am persuaded that this master course will prepare me exactly for this challenge. I am aware about that this class is taught in English. Yet, I have been abroad for three weeks in England before my first study and I had technical English subsequently in my first two semesters of my basic studies. As noticed in your entrance requirements I am going to take the IELTS test next month and without reference to this exam I plan to stay 6 weeks in England before the enrollment of the master program to improve my English language skills.

A conversation between two postgraduates students of this course on the university’s open days has strengthen my wish to attend in this master course. Moreover, I am extremely thrilled about the opportunity to write the master thesis overseas.

I am conscious about the limited university places, despite that, I believe that my finished studies are a proper foundation and they agree with your demands.

I really would like to accept this challenge and take the chance to study at your university. If you would like any additional information about me, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: Letter of motivation for master course

Beitrag von Delfino »

BlueberryCake90 hat geschrieben:Can somebody check my letter for grammar mistakes please?
I am not sure this is written properly, and therefore, I'd appreciate any advice.

Letter of motivation for the master course in Biomedical Engineering

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was very glad when I saw this particular opportunity to apply for a Masters of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering at your university. With this letter I would like to express my strong motivation for this master course. I am a graduate of the University of Applied Sciences in Stralsund, Germany holding a BSc (Hons) degree in Medical Informatics and Biomedical Engineering.

Throughout my studies I gained numerous skills in several areas. I was particulary fascinated by the units on telemedicine, image processing and medical device technology. During my internship at companyXYZ in placeXY I got additional practical experience in research and development. Furthermore, while woking on my bachelor thesis I was very captivated by the combination of technology and biomedicine. I enjoy keeping myself up-to-date with papers in these areas and reading scientific magazines such as Scientific America.

In today's world people from different cultures are often cooperating to find and evaluate solutions for current issues in medicine. With that in mind, I am aiming to improve my skills, while gaining further knowledge and insight in an international environment.

In my future career I would like to mediate between technicians and medical professionals in a globally orientated company. I am convinced the Masters in Biomedical Engineering offered at the Martin-Luther-University in cooperation with the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences is a going to prepare me for this ambitious challenge. Conversations with postgraduates students of this course on open days have strengthened my conviction to study at your university. Moreover, I am extremely thrilled about the opportunity to write my master thesis overseas.

Taking that into consideration I am glad
this masters program is taught in English. Before I started my undergraduate studies I have been in England * for three weeks, and as part of my degree I also had classes in Technical English. According to your entrance requirements I am going to take the IELTS exam next month. In addition, I plan to stay 6 weeks in England * before the enrollment to the master program to further improve my English language skills.

I am confident that my studies and extracurricular activities are a proper foundation for this excellent opportunity which combines practical and research oriented work education. With that said I would really like to study at your university in preparation for working in an international environment.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Thank you very much for your consideration;
I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
:read: Advantages of Extensive Reading in language aquisition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQZfS_BMVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqME-RTtIs

:watch: You should avoid literal translations.

You can not earn skills.
You gain skills and maybe earn respect for your actions.

A master class is a significantly shorter event or workshop on a specific topic,
and therefore, it is not the same as a much broader masters course.

A class is similar to a lesson in a subject or unit,
and therefore, it is not to be used as synonym for the program.

You should not use persuaded (rather convinced) in this context
or the reader would start guessing who persuaded you?

* What did you do in Engliand for 3/6 weeks?
visit friends, holiday, sight-seeing, language course, work...

See also
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/coverlett ... sample.htm

Masters of Engineering (MEng)
http://www.hs-anhalt.de/uploads/tx_bwhs ... MBE_PO.pdf
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

I plan to stay 6 weeks in England to further improve my English language skills before the enrollment to the master program.

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

A couple things to add:
  • "Before I started my undergraduate studies, I had been in England for three weeks ..."
  • "I plan to stay for 6 weeks in England ..." - sounds better, in my opinion, but it's also correct without the "for"
  • "As (is) necessary for your entrance requirements, I am going to take the IELTS exam next month." - If you say "according to" in this case, it sounds a little like the requirements literally say "You are going to take the exam next month."
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

BlueberryCake90
Bilingual Newbie

Thank you very much !! That was more than I expected. Especially the movies were really interesting for me. Great work!
:wink:

BlueberryCake90
Bilingual Newbie

"Any advices in literature?" ... non scientific magazines/ newspapers.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

Print issues of this newspaper feature wordlists
http://www.economist.com

WilliamBrown
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: english