Sarkasmus ^^

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
Danny
Story Teller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Sarkasmus ^^

Beitrag von Danny »

Hey Leute :)

Wie kann man im Englischen eigentlich sarkastisch sein? Zum Beispiel: Ich rede mit einem übest arroganten Typen, und sage ihm "Ich kenne keinen der cooler und geiler ist als du" - Was ich natürlich überhaupt nicht so meine, weils zum einen nicht stimmt und ich solche Typen nicht wertschätze - und er glaubt allen ernstes, dass ich es ernst meine. :)

Keswick
English Legend

Re: Sarkasmus ^^

Beitrag von Keswick »

Im Englischen ist man genauso sarkastisch wie im Deutschen: durch die Betonung :)

Vielleicht ist dein Gegenueber auch nur sarkasmusresistent... ?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Danny
Story Teller

Beitrag von Danny »

Hehe hjah das ist er mit Sicherheit so selbstverliebt wie der ist XD Jah dacht mir schon dass es die Betonung ausmacht, aber dachte halt mehr so in der Art: 'Ich hab Lust auf den Film' is ja ernst gemeint. Aber wenn ich sage 'Ich hab Sowas Von Lust auf den Film' da bin ich nicht ganz sicher obs rein die Betonung ist oder obs diese zwei Wörter nicht ausmachen :)

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hi Danny,

wenn man erstmal so ein wenig im Netz blättert, findet sich doch zu wirklich jedem Thema was. Zum Beispiel für den Anfang mal hier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ge13.shtml

But you're right of course: English tradition and mentality are just not made for irony or sarcasm... Everyone knows that... :read: :jo: :|

including

Duckduck :prost:
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hello dearest,

I am afraid I have to disagree.. :D

I myself grew up believing that sarcasm is not made for the British... oh how wrong I was. If living here has taught me one thing it is that the British love irony and sarcasm.. however their kind of irony and sarcasm is somewhat different from German irony and sarcasm. This might be the reason why Germans believe that the British don't have a sense for irony or sarcasm. I am afraid people who believe this couldn't be more wrong. :wink:

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Keswick hat geschrieben:Hello dearest,

I am afraid I have to disagree..

I myself grew up believing that sarcasm is not made for the British... oh how wrong I was. If living here has taught me one thing it is that the British love irony and sarcasm.. however their kind of irony and sarcasm is somewhat different from German irony and sarcasm. This might be the reason why Germans believe that the British don't have a sense for irony or sarcasm. I am afraid people who believe this couldn't be more wrong.
Sweetest Keswick,
I was just trying to be ironic there. :shock: :rolleyes:

Can hardly believe you didn't spot it?!
Are you taking the the mickey? Must be, 'cause there's no way you could think I wouldn't recognise English humour for what it is: a wonderful mix of irony and (often self-deprecating) sarcasm....

I love it! :freu: :dance:

And lots of love to you up there in the North!

Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Actually in all fairness, I did not spot it. :shock: Then again, it was maybe too early and sometimes written words just comes across completely different than spoken words would. I do apologise :mrgreen: .. next time I will have three more coffees first.. :roll:

Nikolai
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Nikolai »

Haha

@Keswick
That was fun, that you didn't get the sarcasm. :mrgreen:

By the way
How does the English laugh in written language?
We Germans write hahahaha, the Spaniards write jajajaja, what confused me when a Peruvian guy sent me a Sms and he wrote jaja to express, that he was laughing, but I don't know how the English people express laughing in written language.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

They don't. English do not have a sense of humour.

if they had a sense of humour however, I'd say that they use something along the lines of hehehehe.

Nikolai
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Nikolai »

Keswick hat geschrieben:They don't. English do not have a sense of humour.
Yes you are right. The English people never had a sense of humour.
We Germans are the funniest people in the world.
Now I'm telling you a funny German joke.

"There vere zwei peanuts, valking down der strasse, and one vas assaulted"
:lol:
Here is another joke
"A sausage maker buys a box of cereal"
:spin:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Now those jokes! made me laugh! :D :D :D

When I first came to the UK, people actually told me that they did not expect me to laugh at their jokes, because they know that the German sense of humour is different. My humour must be very English (thanks dad!)

Nikolai
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Nikolai »

Keswick hat geschrieben: When I first came to the UK, people actually told me that they did not expect me to laugh at their jokes, because they know that the German sense of humour is different. My humour must be very English (thanks dad!)
I have to admit, that I don't often find British jokes funny. I don't like Monty Python for instance

I like insider jokes for scientists
An example
"Treffen sich zwei Kurven im Unendlichen, sagt die eine: Hau ab aus meinem Definitionsbereich sonst differenziere ich dich!
Darauf die andere: Macht nichts, ich bin die e^x - Funktion.
Entgegnet die erste: d/dt !"
:D

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

You don't like Monty Python? :shock: Get out!

No just kidding.. to be fair, not all Monty Python jokes are good, and not all their films are good either. Jabberwocky or The Meaning of Life is so not funny imho.

I don't get your joke... sorry! :|

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

Ein Witz für Mathematiker, allerdings nicht ganz richtig, denn d/dt ist keine Kurve sondern nur eine Operation. Der Witz ist, dass man den Differentialoperator d/dx so oft auf die Funktion exanwenden kann wie man will man erhält immer ex. Wenn man allerdings einen anderen Differentialoperator nimmt. z.B. d/dt dann ist die Lösung immer 0.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Nikolai
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Nikolai »

tiorthan hat geschrieben:Ein Witz für Mathematiker, allerdings nicht ganz richtig, denn d/dt ist keine Kurve sondern nur eine Operation. Der Witz ist, dass man den Differentialoperator d/dx so oft auf die Funktion exanwenden kann wie man will man erhält immer ex. Wenn man allerdings einen anderen Differentialoperator nimmt. z.B. d/dt dann ist die Lösung immer 0.
Doch es ist richtig. Die andere Funktion wendet d/dt auf die e-Funktion an, indem sie d/dt entgegnet, damit die e^x-Funktion, die sich in Sicherheit wiegte, zur 0 wird.

@Keswick
Monty Python sometimes makes stupid Nazi jokes, and this topic is so "ausgelutscht" (I don't know how to say it in English).
And I hate German gibberish "Ja Ja sloterdijk. NEIN!". That's so stupid.
Why can't they cast an German actor at least?

Antworten