Alles zur englischen Grammatik.
How to deal with English grammar.
Antworten
rix123
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

need you

Beitrag von rix123 »

hey ich werde in den nächsten wochen eine präsentation halten müssen, wollte wissen ob dieser text gut und fehlerfrei geschrieben wurde :) bitte um schnelle hilfe. danke.

I think everybody has heard about the ‘Blue Mosque’ but hardly anyone knows a lot about it. So I want to give you a short presentation about this mosque. First, I’d like to give you some information and talk about the interior and exterior of the mosque. Finally I will tell you something about Pope Benedict’s visit. I chose this topic, because I wanted to find more information about it and I think the history of the mosque is very interesting.
A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The Sultan Ahmed Mosque is known as the ‘Blue Mosque’, because of its many blue and white tiles. It is the main mosque in Turkey, exactly in the largest city Istanbul. Today the Sultan Ahmed Mosque is still popular and people use it still as a mosque. People can visit the mosque from 9 o'clock am to 6 o'clock pm, but not to the times of prayer. Pray happens five times a day with a call to prayer from a minaret. Every evening in the summer begins an impressive light-and-sound show between the Blue Mosque and the museum Hagia Sophia.

At the Entrance visitors can borrow a shawl, because women have to wear a head covering and all the visitors have to take off their shoes.

The construction of this mosque began in 1609 and finished in 1616, during the rule of Ahmed I. Ahmed was a ruler in Istanbul and he died one year after the building was completed. The mosque contains a grave of Ahmed, his wife and his three sons – Osman, Murat,and Beyazit - and a madrasa. A madrasa is a type of religious school for students and the place of the grave is named ‘Türbe’. The building is across from the museum Hagia Sophia.
The mosque has one main dome, six minarets and eight secondary domes. The main dome is 43 meters and the minarets are 64 meters high. The high number of the minarets is uncommon. Sultan Ahmed wanted a building better than the Hagia Sophia. So he said to the architect that the minarets had to be made of gold, but we know gold is expensive. Gold means in Turkish “altin” and six means “alti”. The architect (Mehmet Aga) said he understood “alti”=6 instead of “altin”=gold, so he built the six minarets. Many people did not agree with the use of six minarets instead of four minarets, since only the holy mosque in Mecca had six minarets. After that one more minaret was add to the mosque in Mecca. Today the mosque is one of four mosques with 6 minarets. However, the main dome of the Haghia Sophia is bigger.
The yard is about as large as the mosque and it is surrounded by a passage. There is a small fountain. On the western side there is an iron chain. Before only the sultan was allowed to enter the yard of the mosque with a horse. The chain was put there, so that the sultan has to lower his head every time. This was a symbolic gesture to ensure the humility of the ruler.

The inside of the mosque is marked with more than 20,000 handmade ceramic tiles. The fifty different tulip designs were made in Iznik by a master. Iznik is a town district in the Province of Bursa. The tiles at lower levels are traditional in design. At the gallery level the designs are with representation of flowers and fruit. The upper levels are blue and on the walls there are more than 200 colored glass windows . The decorations include verses from the central religious text of Islam, the Quran. The floors are covered with carpets, which are donated by the faithfully people. Each semi-dome has 14 windows and the central dome has 28 windows. Today the glass was replaced by modern versions. The most important element of the mosque is the mihrab. Mihrab is a niche in the wall of a mosque that shows the qibla, the direction of the mosque in Mecca. To the right of the mihrab is the minbar, the place, where the imam can stand at the prayer times and on holy days. The inside of the mosque has been designed well, so that everyone is able to see the imam even if the mosque is very full.

Pope Benedict is a Pope of the Catholic Church and he visited the Sultan Ahmed Mosque on 30 November 2006. The visiting was only the second papal visit in history to a mosque.

That’s the end of my presentation. The history and facts about the mosque has really impressed me. Thank you for your attention. Are any questions left?

Antworten