Sad Ol' England

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

Sad Ol' England

Beitrag von caro64 »

:shock: What on earth is going wrong in England, I have just been watching the latest news and I am horrified. I know, that there are some very frustrated people out there, but this isn't going to help anyone. To all the 'normal' people living in these areas, my thoughts and prayers go out to you :(
Head-shaking Caro

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Sad Ol' England

Beitrag von Keswick »

I know Caro, it's shocking! Now that London has somewhat calmed down (the images of the destruction are horrific!) copycats started riots further north in Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. Manchester was badly hit last night and I am scared riots might start up here as well. Wouldn't be surprised. It's disgusting and 2/3s of the tracksuit warriors have not a clue why all this actually started and it's not that they care either.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von caro64 »

Lets hope and pray it doesn't reach you Keswick, I just phoned home and my dad said there's a few copycats there too but nothing too bad.
I know life is tough, but if these people showed half as much enthusiasm in getting their lifes sorted out as in looting, stealing and vandalising life would be so sweet :jo:

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

Aye and right you are Caro! Wouldn't know what to add to you statement as it summarises my opinion completely.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Chloe
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Russisch

Beitrag von Chloe »

Hello Caro and Keswick,

I watched the news as well and I was very sad. I'm convinced that aggression cannot help to achieve anything good. It's not easy to be ignored, but I do believe that there are different ways how to get the governmen't attention.

I wish humankind could be a bit better... There are so much aggression, hate, enviousness in the world. Hopefully the beauty can save the world.

With best wishes,
Chloe

Antworten